Home

Man charged with alleged murder of woman, two children in Sydney home

Heath Parkes-Hupton, Alexandra Feiam, Rhiannon LewinNewsWire
Not Supplied
Camera IconNot Supplied Credit: NewsWire

A man has been charged with the alleged murders of a woman and two children in Sydney’s southwest, in what police have described as a “particularly violent crime scene”.

Emergency services were called to the Campbelltown home about 7.50pm Monday after receiving a triple-0 call from the property.

Police found the bodies of a 46-year-old woman and two young boys, aged four and 12, inside the house.

A 47-year-old man was arrested at the scene.

A woman and two children have died in an alleged DV murder. Picture: Thomas Lisson / NewsWire
Camera IconA woman and two children have died in an alleged DV murder. Thomas Lisson / NewsWire Credit: NewsWire

WA's biggest courts and crime stories to your inbox

Sign-up to our weekly newsletter for free

Sign up

A neighbour, who declined to give her name, came to lay fresh cut roses near the home and say a prayer for the alleged victims.

She told media the incident was “too close to home” as she wiped away tears.

“This is just terrible,” she said. “I’m feeling for these children.

“Their friends, they’ve got to come to school to find out that their little mate’s not going to come to school today.”

A Sydney man has been charged in relation to a triple murder in the city's south west.

Detectives were at the scene on Tuesday morning. Picture: Thomas Lisson / NewsWire
Camera IconDetectives were at the scene on Tuesday morning. Thomas Lisson / NewsWire Credit: News Corp Australia

The 47-year-old man was taken to a police station where he was charged with three counts of murder (DV).

He was refused bail and is due to face court on Tuesday.

On Tuesday morning, Acting Superintendent Michael Moroney told Today the house was “described as a very traumatic scene, a very horrific scene”.

The forensic team are at the scene. Picture: Thomas Lisson / NewsWire
Camera IconThe forensic team are at the scene. Thomas Lisson / NewsWire Credit: News Corp Australia
Police revealed that 60 per cent of call-outs were DV-related. Picture: Thomas Lisson / NewsWire
Camera IconPolice revealed that 60 per cent of call-outs were DV-related. Thomas Lisson / NewsWire Credit: News Corp Australia

Speaking to reporters on Monday night,Inspector Moroney did not confirm a cause of death of the three people.

A man has been charged with the alleged murder of a woman and two children. Picture: Facebook
Camera IconA man has been charged with the alleged murder of a woman and two children. Facebook Credit: Supplied Source Known

“I can’t give you specific information regards to how they passed – what I can tell you is all three persons sustained significant injuries and it was a particularly violent crime scene,” he said.

Inspector Moroney said a “number of items” were seized from the scene, but did not specify what they were.

He said the items “would be of interest in regards to the injuries sustained to those people”.

The man was refused bail and is due to face court on Tuesday. Picture: Thomas Lisson / NewsWire
Camera IconThe man was refused bail and is due to face court on Tuesday. Thomas Lisson / NewsWire Credit: NewsWire

Inspector Moroney said the man was not known to police.

“We’re not aware of any interactions with this male before and certainly not aware of any domestic-related incidents previously reported to police,” he said.

Police said the man was not known to police. Picture: Thomas Lisson / NewsWire
Camera IconPolice said the man was not known to police. Thomas Lisson / NewsWire Credit: NewsWire

Residents in the street told Sunrise they were horrified by the incident.

“Well, growing up in Campbelltown, you didn’t don’t expect stuff like that to happen,” one local said.

“So hearing especially that it’s kids, it’s really shocking.

“And it’s a real eye-opener that things can (happen) close to home.”

The otherwise quiet suburban street was cordoned off on Tuesday morning as forensic detectives continued combing the scene.

According to new data revealed this week, NSW Police respond to a domestic violence incident every three minutes, making up about 60 per cent of all police call-outs.

Domestic violence helplines

Originally published as Man charged with alleged murder of woman, two children in Sydney home

Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.

Sign up for our emails