An alleged child rapist who sparked a State-wide manhunt this week after he failed to appear at the start of his trial has finally been unmasked as the desperate search continues. Michael Robert Carroll has been on the run since Monday, when an Albany judge issued a bench warrant for his arrest following his no-show at court. The 47-year-old faces 12 charges, including three counts of sexual penetration of a child under 13 and two deprivation of liberty offences. His ex-partner, who has asked not to be named, today condemned the leniency of his bail conditions as she urged authorities to concentrate their efforts on his old stomping ground of Kalgoorlie. She said that while the couple had lived together for 14 years in Albany, he had spent some of his childhood in the mining town and believes he may have fled their with their 22-year-old son, after being “run out of town”. While she described the accused as a “wuss”, she said she was concerned about what he planned to do after hearing from his brother that he had told their mother he would “go out in a blaze of glory”. “I’m concerned because he has got my son with him and if he is going to go out in a blaze of glory, is he going to take his son with him?” she said. “I don’t know him anymore, I don’t know where desperation gets you. “If you’re too scared to go to jail you would be too weak to kill yourself ... but I just don’t know.” When she heard from her son three days ago, she said he claimed he did not know his father had skipped trial. Attorney-General John Quigley yesterday told Parliament police had not opposed Mr Carroll being granted bail throughout his case, before he failed to appear in court. Police had initially refused to divulge any information about Mr Carroll’s possible location or confirm his identity, but today released an image of him and said it’s believed he may be driving a 1996 red Ford Transit panel van, with the registration number 9KF 771. Yesterday, his trial was adjourned indefinitely, with prosecutor Sean O’Sullivan telling the court a “considerable” amount of effort by authorities had gone into trying to track Mr Carroll down. He said there was “some indication” he would be found soon but police had “exhausted the possibility he’s around here”. On Tuesday Mr O’Sullivan said inquiries had been made by authorities in Kalgoorlie-Boulder, and he believed Mr Carroll had not made it out of WA. “He could be anywhere,” Mr O’Sullivan told the court. He said Mr Carroll was “actively avoiding police” and was “not going to make it easy” for them. Mr Carroll is also facing four charges of indecently dealing with a child under 13 and one with a child aged over 13 and under 16 between 2011 and 2013. Two charges of threat with intent to prevent/hinder a person were also due to be defended by Mr Carroll in court among the 12 charges. An Albany police spokesman said members of the public should not approach Mr Carroll. Anyone with information should call police immediately on 131 444.