Working from home: cybersecurity tips
KEY CYBERSECURITY TIPS FOR WORKING FROM HOME
* Use strong and unique passwords (16-plus characters)
* Don't use the same password for different websites or internet banking
* Download a password-safe solution, such as LastPass
* Protect all devices with an anti-malware solution
* Use multi-factor authentication, such as a password or biometric in combination with a one-time code
* Use Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
* Keep software and operating systems updated and select automatic updates when possible
* Backup data regularly
PERSONAL SECURITY TIPS
* Exercise critical thinking and vigilance when responding to phone calls, messages and emails.
* Exercise caution in opening messages, attachments, or clicking on links from unknown senders
* Be wary of any requests for personal details, passwords or bank details, particularly if the message conveys a sense of urgency
* If in any doubt of the communicator's identity, delay any immediate action, and re-establish communication later using contact methods you have sourced yourself.
ENTERPRISE INFORMATION MANAGEMENT TIPS:
* Know which platforms are safe to create, store and collaborate on
* Avoid sharing content with personal email or document accounts, as they will not have the same level of security protections.
* Avoid storing documents locally or in non-secure locations.
Source: Citadel Group
Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.
Sign up for our emails