Home

Ute extinguished after cab catches fire

Jessica CuthbertAlbany Advertiser
Emergency services were quick to extinguish the blaze
Camera IconEmergency services were quick to extinguish the blaze Credit: Jessica Cuthbert

A ute was quickly extinguished at the York Street IGA carpark after its cab caught fire this morning

The fire ignited in the rear of the cab from a possible electrical fault.

Albany Fire and Rescue fire-fighter Mike Ausma said the blaze was extinguished quickly.

“The owner of the ute was inside at the time and has come out to find the car on fire,” he said.

“Someone actually broke the back window of the cab and stuck a fire extinguisher in to extinguish the flames before we arrived, which was great quick thinking.”

Get in front of tomorrow's news for FREE

Journalism for the curious Australian across politics, business, culture and opinion.

READ NOW

“That probably saved the rest of the vehicle.”

DFES said the estimated damage was $25,000 and caused by a possible electrical fault.

Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.

Sign up for our emails