A hospital ward in Perth’s south has been evacuated following reports a fridge had caught fire. The Department of Fire and Emergency Services sent more than 10 crews to Armadale Health Service on Thursday after reports of smoke coming from a fridge inside the hospital at about 8.10am. One hospital ward was evacuated, however, upon arrival, firefighters discovered there were no flames. A DFES spokesperson confirmed that a battery inside a fridge had overheated and caused the smoke. It is understood the situation was resolved within 30 minutes and no patients were harmed.