RECIPE: Rhubarb and cinnamon cake
380g brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1 tsp bicarb soda
1 tsp cinnamon
500g rhubarb chopped into 2cm pieces
Grated rind of 1 lemon
250ml sour cream
1. Beat butter and brown sugar well until fluffy.
2. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
3. Stir in sifted flour, soda and cinnamon.
4. Fold in rhubarb, rind and sour cream.
5. Spoon the mixture into a greased and floured 21cm springform tin.
6. Sprinkle the top with a mixture of 80g brown sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon.
7. Bake at 180C for 50 to 60 minutes or until the skewer is dry.
Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.
Sign up for our emails