RECIPE: Banana bread
2 cups self-raising flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup milk
3-4 ripe bananas, mashed
70g chopped pecans + 50g
pecans to sprinkle on top.
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Line and grease a large loaf pan or muffin pans.
2. In a large bowl, whisk melted butter and eggs together until smooth. Add self-raising flour, sugar and cinnamon. Give it a quick mix to combine.
3. Add milk and mix thoroughly until smooth.
4. Stir in mashed banana. If adding pecans, fold in 70g chopped pecans now.
5. Spoon into prepared pan. If adding pecans, sprinkle 50g on top now — a little extra brown sugar makes it look great, too.
6. Place in the oven and bake at 180C for 45-50 mins for large loaf pan or 15-20 mins for muffins, until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
7. Serve warm, spread with butter and indulge with honey.
Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.
Sign up for our emails