Minister calls for hotel operators
The search for a hotel operator for the Middleton beach development has officially begun, as Lands Minister Rita Saffioti announced expressions of interest today.
While visiting the site, Ms Saffioti said EOI were being sought from national and international operators until March 23.
The announcement comes after the completion of critical roadworks earlier this month.
The Albany Advertiser can reveal the hotel, which will have a maximum height limit of 12 storeys, could have up to 120 hotel rooms.
“The McGowan Government is pulling out all stops in the current market to offer the best chance of success for securing a quality hotel at Middleton beach, one of WA’s most iconic regional destinations,” Ms Saffioti said.
“For the first time, the site is going out to hotel operators before launching an EOI for hotel developers; attracting national or international hotel operators improves the chances of securing a quality hotel developer in the near term.”
During the land development stage of the hotel construction, more than 120 jobs are expected to be created, with hundreds more once businesses and the hotel are operational.
Member for Albany Peter Watson said the development would be a huge opportunity for Albany, boosting employment, tourism and the economy.
Developers for the hotel site will be invited to express their interest in April.
Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.
Sign up for our emails